dimarts, 15 d’octubre del 2013

ORAL ENGLISH 4th ESO

AT THE RESTAURANT:

Here I give you a list of vocabulary of food for the students who have chosen the dialogue
 "At the restaurant":

VOCABULARY OF FOOD

1) Remember that the order of the menu is:
          1st course
          Main course
          Dessert
          Drinks
          Coffee/tea/ infusion

Grammar:

2) Remember to use the future "will"  or "could" in the questions to be more polite:
Will you bring us/me the menu, please?
Could you bring us/me the bill, please?

3) To ask for the menu we will also use "will" to do a future action that we have just decided (fució de "pensat i fet"):

Waiter: What will you have as a first course?
Customer: I'll have.....
W: What will you have as a main course?
C: I'll have...

W: What will you drink?
C: I'll drink...

ASKING FOR AN ADRESS:

1) Be polite, please:

Excuse me, how could I get to....?
Excuse me, could you tell me how I can go to...?

2) You must use time connectors and imperative forms:

First, go straight on until you see........, then, turn on the left at.............street. Later, turn on the right at................street. After that turn round the corner at the supermarket. And there you will see........

3) Remember to use vocabulary of the city or town and the prepositions of place.

Good luck! See you on Thursday or on Friday at the "Dialogue review"!





Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada